Saturday, February 10, 2007

Neck Gator #2



Here is my second neck gator that I made. This one is longer to go over the nose and mouth. It can be folded down as seen on the 'modeled' picture or it can be sloughed down. This one turned out a little loose but I still thinks it works well.
Here is the pattern for longer neck gator:
I used Bernat Super Value Yarn and Size 6 circular needle(I knit loosely so adjust as needed)
Cast on 77 stitches pm and join - this is worked in round so no seaming!!
Row 1 *k2 p2 k1 p2 repeat from * to end of row
Repeat row 1 till the gator measures 8 inches
Bind off in rib pattern.
Mine turned out to be 15 inches across unstretched. If you want the gator longer or shorter go for it!!
Feel free to try different rib patterns, I wanted something a little different and also the pattern is reversible.
Also you can use any yarn just adjust the cast on stitches. For the above rib pattern just use multiples of 7.

No comments: