Saturday, February 21, 2009

Easy Crochet Slipper





I made 10 pairs of slippers for Parkland. I got the idea from one of Bev's patterns:
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/slippers1.html
I made a few changes to the pattern to make these. I used two stands of worsted weight yarn, and used a size K hook. I chained any where from 23 to 28 stitches depending on if I wanted a women's size or a man's size. Then I hdc in the third chain from the hook. Then on the second row I worked in the back of the loops only. It makes the nice ribbing to the slipper. I think it makes it warmer using the two stands and the hdc stitch. Plus the ribbing helps the slipper to fit better. So I crocheted 12 to 14 rows then folded the square in half and crocheted the two ends together about half way up the slippers. This make the top of the slipper. I left about 11 stitches unbound for the foot opening. Then I stitched the back of the slipper together. Then stitched a row of double crochet around the foot opening then the next row do front post double crochet then a back post double crochet all the way a round. Sew the toe together and you have you self a very quick, warm slipper. It sounds harder than it is. Very quick and easy. Basically you make a square, I have also seen patterns similar to this for knit patterns.


No comments: